Sunday, April 21, 2013

Getting started is the hardest part





I just came across this un-published post I thought I'd put up....It's from well over a year ago.  There are more like this.  But the concerns always ring true....how to get and stay organized...a lifelong quest.

So now that January is here, and it's a new year, I'm working at getting some plans together and make this the best year yet, with regard to the creative side of life.  So far, the year has started out with quite a bit of energy, but I find myself running into the same issues as before....time management and distractions.  I'm the first to admit that I am easily distracted, and working from home with all the daily tasks that need to get done does not always come easily for me.  I can build up tons of ideas while doing something else, but it seems there is always something else to do before I can get started on them....doesn't really make much sense, given that I feel most myself when I'm making something.

For now I'll plan to really step up my work this year.  I'm going to renew some lapsed memberships, most notably with the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador, search out new local craft sales to take part in, and really work at letting my pieces evolve, both in clay and fibre.  That seems counterproductive..."working at letting my pieces evolve."   Perhaps I work too hard at that..

Today, with O home unexpectedly, we'll start with something simple, pinch pots.

2 comments:

  1. nice post & Lovely buttons.....hope you will be at Twist this year i will defo look for your booth !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, I will be at Twist this summer, I'm so looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete