Saturday, July 30, 2011

Setting Goals


So, I'm trying to set some goals for myself.

Things I need to decide on:  
A business name that encompasses all the things I want to make.
What exactly I will make.  (I find it really hard to limit myself...but there has to be a limit...)
How much clay, how much fibre.....Clay has been my main "thing," but I'm really enjoying creating yarns...

Dare I say I'll try to keep up with regular blog posts?  Maybe a monday mornings would work, to keep me focussed for the week.

 I'm also going to get to work on some buttons for Buttonmania, which will be part of Fibrefest in Almonte in September.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    I hear you on all counts! That is what I am trying to do, prioritize, figure out where I am going from here, keep creating as much as a priority as I can.

    That is a beautiful display you have, by the way. Maybe rather than limiting what you make, your business name could reflect something of who you are, or what inspires you, or something about your process. That way you won't be fenced in my your name. This is something I've been thinking on for myself as well.

    Anyhow, look forward to your weekly posts!

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right about choosing the correct name, Laura. I really have a hard time choosing what medium to work in and limiting it to that. Maybe the key is to make sure I've fully explored a technique or style before moving on to another project, as well as to build momentum, and not let that momentum be interrupted, as much as that is possible!

    ReplyDelete